Thanks for downloading! Below you see a simple embedded example of the JW Player. Copy-paste the source code and put the SWF, JS and FLV file on your site to get started.
The player is licensed under a Creative Commons License. It allows you to use, modify and redistribute the script, but only for noncommercial purposes. For corporate use, please apply for a commercial license.
- Note to 3.xx users: a LOT has changed in the 4.0 release, including changes to flashvars!
- The easiest way to get to know the player is by using the setup wizard. Select an example, set the file or playlist you want to play and copy-paste the embed code to your site.
- Also check out the various tutorials, e.g. on video compression, installing the player and creating skins.
- Note that you only have to copy the packaged yt.swf file if you want to play Youtube content in the player.
Wiki and source code
The JW Player Wiki contains a wealth of information about the player, including:
- All supported file formats (and playlists).
- All supported variables (for customizing the player).
The source code of all different versions of the player can be found in these ZIP files.
If you're ready to get professional about online video, check out these two services that take your site to the next level:
- LongTail Video is a no-nonsense video advertisement network that will increase your traffic and monetize your streams. Sign up.
- Bits on the Run is a hassle-free video management system that handles the encoding, streaming and tracking of your videos. Sign up.